It is the Administrator’s responsibility to provide support to the whole sales and lettings team and ensure the smooth running of the branch. A typical day will include: meeting and greeting customers, dealing with enquiries, preparing property details and window displays, completing advertising copy, corresponding with customers, and preparing weekly and monthly statistics.
1. When did you first join PJ?
2. What did you do before/what experience helped you get your job at Peter James?
Prior to this I worked in health clinics on the information line and was front of house for the clinics. I also did outreach work as well as working in education and youth settings delivering presentations. So my experience was interaction with the general public and customer service as well as knowing how to deal with different work loads.
3. What do you do and what does this entail?
I am in charge of the day-to-day admin in both the sales and lettings office.
4. What do you enjoy about your role?
I like the variety in my job and helping others.
5. What do you like about the company?
That it is not a big corporate company so we know everyone and everyone works well together.
6. What is your proudest professional achievement since joining Peter James?
When I joined the letting keys system needed organising. We manage an increasing portfolio of over 500 properties so although it was a mammoth task, I was proud when it was accomplished.
7. What’s your one piece of advice for someone who wants to join Peter James?
If you work hard, you will be recognised.