Key Responsibilities for a property manager include:
• Management of a rental property portfolio (around 100 properties)
• Liaison with landlords, tenants, third party contractors and professional advisors
• Liaison with lettings negotiators across Peter James
• Arrangement of works
• Property inspections and reporting
• Negotiation of renewal terms
• Tenancy deposit returns
• Service of notices, S21
Debbie Waterman gives us a bit more insight of what the role involves and her career at Peter James.
1. When did you first join Peter James?
2. What did you do before/what experience helped you get your job at Peter James?
I worked in the industry for 15 years before joining Peter James in various roles. My last position was Property Manager for a Dartford based agent and I was there for over 10 years.
3. What do you do and what does this entail?
Property Management, I oversee and organise maintenance issues/renewals/deposit returns/dealing with contractors/ensuring that Landlords receive a good service from Peter James in terms of general Property Management.
4. What do you enjoy about your role?
The job role is varied so each day is different and seeing a problem through until it is solved (so job satisfaction).
5. What do you like about the company?
Peter James is a very personable company and there are many members of staff with a long service which indicates a strong sense of loyalty. I have experienced many changes over the years I have been here, with the opening of new offices in the South London area and look forward to more years of expansion and growth. It is almost like a ‘family’ environment to work in.
6. What is your proudest professional achievement since joining Peter James?
Winning Property Manager award in 2013 and completing the ARLA qualification.
7. What’s your one piece of advice for someone who wants to join PJ?
To work hard and show commitment to the company.