At Peter James we understand that your home is your biggest investment. We also understand that moving can be often be an emotional time in your life so it's important to choose an agent that is able to relate to these sometimes conflicting emotions.
Peter James’ staff are trained and dedicated to deal with this and guide you through this process to make it as hassle free as possible.
How is the marketing price of my home determined?
Many factors go into determining a home’s market value, including the condition of the property, the location, the size, recent comparable sales, amenities and other factors. Peter James is the agent most qualified to value your home and arrive at an accurate selling price based on the current market and array of industry resources.
How can I increase the value of my home?
We have all been told that by adding bedrooms, refurbishing kitchens and bathrooms can add value to your home, these improvements are not only costly but also very inconvenient renovations. Increasing the value/ saleability of your home doesn't always have to involve such major measures prior to marketing. There are simple things that can be done to ensure your property is shown in its best light such as eliminating clutter, cleaning carpets, making sure your windows are clean and increasing the wattage of your light bulbs to create a brighter ambiance, these are just a few suggestions. Your Peter James agent will always be happy to advise you on what improvements they feel will help you achieve the best price, however always bear in mind should the property you are planning on selling require complete refurbishment it is better to leave it as it is as many buyers prefer to purchase a property in its "raw" state.
Why choose Peter James over other agents?
The estate agency profession has a historic reputation of having a high turn over of staff, so someone you were dealing with yesterday won't be there tomorrow. Peter James pride ourselves in the fact that we have a lower staff turnover than most within the industry. When you invite us to value your home you have the peace of mind knowing that the person you are dealing with has over 10 years service with our company, this in itself speaks volumes but also means that the person valuing your home has extensive knowledge of your local area, transport links and services and the chances are if you are one of our many returning clients you will be dealing with the same person you dealt with when you purchased your property.
Your property will be marketed by all of our offices with immediate effect. We say this as some corporate agents have an "exclusivity" period prior to your property being available to all branches.
Peter James’ staff has compulsory training with industry regulators such as ARLA, NAEA and RICS we do this because we want to ensure that all of our staff are compliant with the latest legislation within the property industry thus enabling us to advise our clients correctly.
A Guide for Purchasers
Our Staff will keep you regularly updated throughout the transaction. For your information we have provided below the basic steps in buying your property:
- Receive offer confirmation letter from Estate Agents
- Instruct solicitors, fill in instruction forms and pay money on account
- Send off mortgage application along with survey fee to lender
- Mortgage valuation is booked in
- Your solicitor receives the Draft Contract from the Seller’s solicitor and then raises enquiries and applies for the searches
- You receive valuation and/or survey results. Advise agent of the results
- Seller’s solicitor replies to enquiries
- Your solicitor receives:
- Replies to enquiries
- Search results
- Mortgage offer
- Your solicitor sends you the report on title, including your contract to sign
- Return the signed contract and deposit to your solicitor
- Solicitors exchange and confirm the completion date
Between exchange and completion
- Your solicitor orders completion funds from lender
- Solicitor gets all funds from you to complete transaction and pay Stamp Duty fees on completion
- Solicitor sends you TR1 (transfer) form for you to sign and return
- Completion money is transferred to the seller’s solicitors. You will be contacted to confirm you can collect your keys!
CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE A HOMEOWNER!!